Blankets+ is a special mission opportunity for all ages. Some 8,000 congregations and groups across the U.S. hold CWS Blankets+ events, providing funds to help people in need in the United States and around the world.
For over 60 years, CWS has worked in partnership with local communities to identify their needs and access the resources they need to build the foundation for a more viable future, including:
1. Blankets, tents, food and other emergency supplies in the wake of disaster
2. Tools and seeds for refugees returning home to replant their fields
3. Wells for families living in drought prone areas to provide, clean safe water to drink
4. Irrigate crops and gardens
5. Literacy training and microcredit** for women struggling to realize their potential
**Microcredit is the extension of very small loans to impoverished borrowers who typically lack collateral, steady employment, or a verifiable credit history. It is designed to support entrepreneurship and alleviate poverty. Many recipients are illiterate, and therefore unable to complete paperwork required to get conventional loans. As of 2009 an estimated 74 million people held microloans that totaled $38 billion. Grameen Bank reports that repayment success rates are between 95 and 98 percent.
Please give generously and help make a difference to those in need. Each $10 buys a blanket for those in dire
need. Please mail in your contributions and note: Monthly Mission Emphasis in the memo section of your check.
Thank you from the Missions Committee
Learn more about CWS Blankets(+) at their website here https://cwsblankets.org/stories-and-reports/